Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell 2011

My last run of the  year has now been officially logged into my book so I guess I can say 2011 is officially over! Well, at least as far as running items.

2011 was perhaps my best year ever for running. I did not score my fastest race times but I did score well in every other aspect. I will remember 2011 as the year I gained more running friends than ever before. It was also the year that I won a marathon too!  Well at least I finished first in my age group, with only one month before moving onto the next age group. Also, how can I forget the fact that I actually won a USA National Championship! OK, I did not will the USATF National 10K  team event all on my own, I had a little help from my teammates Jim O'Brien and Tony Mollica.. Together we placed first in the 50yr and older male division. This also reminds me of the great time we had the night before that race where we were a part of a small group who partied with one of the greatest marathoners of our generation, Frank Shorter. All of these great memories and accomplishments would not be possible without the generous support of Coach Doug Goodhue and each and every person of the Running Fit 501 Training program. 2011 was a fun year to run.

As good as 2011 was for running, it was as bad and terrible from a personal business perspective. No need to whimper or complain for there are many of my peers in the design and construction industry that are far worse than I. The only thing I believe I can do is continue to seek to improve my skills and talents everyday and look forward to that day in 2012 when truly good news will arrive.

So as I log my final miles into my book today for 2011, all 1,650 of them, I do so with the hope and dream that I will be able to enter a post that is very positive for both my running and personal business parts of life.

Happy New Year to all and I wish you health and prosperity for all of 2012.

Thanks.

Lee 




No comments:

Post a Comment