Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012 !

If you have been busy with thoughts of new ideas, projects, goals, and the future recently then it must be another new year!  Welcome 2012, so glad you have finally arrived and I look forward to many new experiences with you during your tenure this year.

This year begins with more than the usual number of unknowns there is much to be revealed and experienced in the coming months. My sense is that much of my 2012 will be defined by events that will occur from now to mid-March. While I have certain  goals a game plans to meet those goals I am dependent upon others to attain those goals. This dependency which is beyond my direct control is what is frustrating at this early point of the year. Thus all I can do is attempt to do my best each day and attempt to gain as much control as possible.

This includes the running part of my life too. I don't plan on racing until the mid spring, so what I can do until then is to do my best to arrive at spring in shape and ready to compete. I have a training plan in place to help assure success with my race. Determining the is easy, the execution of the plan is not so easy. Especially as a runner who needs to overcome the Michigan winter conditions. I do NOT run on a treadmill at all indoors, at any time of the year. I simply believe a short run outdoors in nasty weather conditions is better than a long run indoors on a treadmill. The exception is my speed or intensive training. For these workouts I do make use of the indoor track the University of Michigan via the Ann Arbor Track Club. One night a week during January through February helps to maintain my fitness while building for the new racing season.

The toughest part of any winter time run is the dressing! Gathering the required undergarments, outer layers, and perhaps reflective gear is more of a challenge than the actual run in the snow. But once dressed  and out the door I never look back and am so glad I completed another run.

OK, enough delaying, time to gather my winter gear and get my tail out the door for a run!

Thanks for reading.

Lee




No comments:

Post a Comment