Monday, July 1, 2013

A New Half Year's Resolution?

With the ever growing popularity of the Half Marathon as a race event, wouldn't it make sense that we also have a Half Year's Resolution?  This being July 1, it's the perfect day to announce your Half Year's Resolution!

I believe in establishing realistic goals I also have a habit of running at some part of the first day of each month.  This way I can truthfully say I have run everyday of the month!  The challenge is however to keep that streak going for more than a few days. This month of July begins with a Monday and of course includes the 4th of July holiday.  I almost always run on Monday's and I expect to do the same tonight. Tuesday mornings have also been very easy for me to include a run, typically an early morning run at sunrise. Wednesday is of course our training session with Running Fit 501, so the first three days of July will certainly not be a problem.

The 4th of July, as with most holidays also is a great opportunity to get a run in on the schedule. Good weather holidays also represent an opportunity to complete a longer or a more intensive run. This is my plan for this year's 4th of July. While others are awakening to prep for a parade or a day of celebration, I will likely be at my neighborhood track getting some speed work in before the sun rises and the heat of the day arrives.

This then leaves my weak link of this schedule to be Friday. This Friday I plan to be in the office. However, since nearly everyone in the office will be enjoying a very long weekend, I actually plan to have an uninterrupted day. This lack of pressure to start the day will enable me to get a nice easy paced recovery run through the neighborhood in and done before I need to be at work.

Then it's back to our Saturday long runs and a full weekend of running!

Well, that's the plan  for my resolution at least. I do look for July to be one of my highest mileage months of 2013, check back soon and see how I do.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and Run Happy :)

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment